Thursday, December 12, 2013

Image Transfer on Wood




I just finished doing my first image transfer on wood, after seeing the how-to in this link: http://blog.freepeople.com/2013/05/diy-wood-photo-transfers/

I had previously attempted to do it on canvases (see image below), but this is by far my favourite result. I used a black and white photo I took of my brother and his girlfriend walking in Bruges, and I am planning on giving them the piece as part of their Christmas gift. I'm sure they will love it. I will do a couple more for my fiance and me after the holidays.

The wood piece I got from Michaels, I used Glossy Mod Podge, and printed the image on regular paper using an inkjet printer.

First attempt at image transfers. Still nice, but way too blotchy.


No comments:

Post a Comment